Waterskiing/coaching in Argentina, Chile or Brasil?

sunvalleylaw

• Baller
Just day dreaming. But looking to see if there would be waterskiing and coaching/camps available in March in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Santiago, Chile, and/or São Paulo, Brasil? There is a Lollapalooza festival featuring Pearl Jam during mid to late March in those areas, and it would be fun if I could put a trip together and get an early start on the ski season as well.

The Marinda’s are awesome folks. The lake is beautiful and worth visiting. I haven’t been to the ski school so I can’t comment on coaching but, given the chance, I’d give it a shot.

Another option is Jim Kilsdonk in Costa Rica.

And @ral has a place near Santiago as well. Not sure If coaching is available.

• Baller

@Alberto Soares can hook you up in Brazil. There is (or was) a course in São Paulo.

I don't know about ZO or top-level coaching but there are clubs in Columbia and Uruguay where you can grab a set. I don't know of anything near Buenos Aires but if you find something, please report back... You aren't the only one daydreaming ;-)

• Baller

@sunvalleylaw - Miranda Ski School in Santiago is a great place, very nice skiing and ambience, in fact I will be there next November for a stop of LAST (Latin American Senior Tour - www.latinwaterski.com)

In the city of Sao Paulo (Guarapiranga Lake) there are 7 slalom courses, great skiing conditions but no coaching available, I can introduce you to some friends that will be happy to ski with you.

In Rio de Janeiro there is one coach available, Greg (whatsApp 55 21 999 610 817), he has a nice ZO ski boat and in the morning the skiing conditions are usually good, the lake Rodrigo de Freitas is in the middle of the city, really beautiful site.

In Belo Horizonte (where I live) no coaching available but I will be glad to ski with you anytime you want, there are 2 lakes with 5 courses about 30min from Belo , both with ZO boats: www.clubeserradamoeda.com.br

There are nice places also close to Buenos Aires, I have been to a few but unfortunately do not have contacts, check their federation site for more info: www.fadew.com.ar

• Baller
@Alberto Soares , thank you very much for that. Will have to see if this particular trip comes together, but I am very enticed. I like the Santiago idea best so far, and would love to see if a trip could be combined with a stop down to Patagonia as shown in @MarcusBrown 's latest FlowPointTV episode. I think I could find a lot for my family to enjoy on a trip like that.