MAD World Champion Edition Fin Clamp - Unboxing

Horton

• Baller

I managed to speak to @FWinter about this fin block last year - the other cool feature about the elongated screw holes is that you can ensure that your fin is exactly in the middle of your ski....AND pointing straight..

last year, there was a spate of skis from a particular manufacturer that had a problem with the location of the fin slot and fin clamp holes not lining up....net result being the fin was ‘pushed’ off center...

FW uses this block to make sure that his fin is exactly lined up with the centre of his ski AND pointing straight down the centreline...even changing the fin thickness will introduce a potential misalignment...

Only pain in the ass is that it introduces a nessessary but very awkward couple of measurements - lateral distance between the fin block and the edge of the ski....

Awesome design that not only ensures your fin is in the centre of the ski but is running straight....

• Elite Skier
Best fin boxes around. @MAD11 gave me the fin box from his own ski a couple of years ago when I was having trouble with a box that couldn't hold the fin in the same spot for any length of time. Worked a dream and I've used it ever since. If anyone would like one of his latest batch get in touch, they're beautiful.

• Baller
Marc’s design is really solid on this box. Two piece design allows for a secure hold, regardless of fin thickness. Best of all, the fine thread on the set screws offer minute, consistent adjustments. @MAD11 nailed it with this thing.

• Baller

I emailed @FWinter to order a couple of the MAD Fin Clamps and did not hear back. Should I just be patient and wait for a reply?

I thought do to Moomba and @FWinter travel schedule he may just be busy. Are there other options to order a couple of these fin clamps, just in case I don't hear back from @FWinter?

• Baller
Wow @aupatking sure looks good. Any questions feel free to send me a note. @JC McCavit @FWinter will get back to you I'm sure. He has been traveling and waiting on me to get back to the US. The last few limited editions are sitting on my @Skidoc workstation in Texas and I'm in the UK. He can blame me for delays. I fly home end of this week.