USAWS Membership options infographic questions

escmanaze

• Baller

Hi Folks,

I'm officially joining the Utah Waterski club after 10 years on the wait list. :smiley:

They require me to be a member of USAWS. So I'm looking at the infographic that USAWS has and I'm comparing the "supporting member" option with the "grassroots active" option and it seems like for the same price, the grass roots offers me everything that the supporting membership offers but it also offers the ability to participate in grassroots events as well as a regional tournament guide. So is it a no-brainer that I should get the grassroots option instead of the supporting option as it has everything the supporting option has and then some for the same price? Or is there some detail here that I am missing?

http://www.usawaterski.org/graphics/downloads/MembershipOptions.pdf

The whole membership structure will change in April/May anyway so don't get too wrapped up about it. If you're going to ski as a member of the Utah Waterski Club you'll need the insurance anyway so you'll need to be an active member. Your membership will be transitioned into the new structure automatically.

Next year you can contemplate some other membership options once you understand the new plan and decide how you want to use your Utah Waterski membership. Either way, the difference is pretty minimal in comparison to the rest of the cost to participate so cover your bases today and learn more. Things get more complicated (and expensive) if you have a family where everyone does something a little different.