Moomba Masters Drafts Are Open!

JeffSurdej

• Baller

One of the biggest events of the year is here, Moomba Masters, 3 rounds of slalom, trick, and jump plus a night jump and night slalom, tons of points, and if Moomba is not doing overall FWS is going to do it so you will pick 1 men and 1 women overall skier plus 2 MS, 2 WS, 2 MT, 2 WT, 2 MJ, and 2WJ, 14 total athletes with a salary cap of $1,585,208. We will use round 1 for the overall score if Moomba does not post overall scores.

https://www.moombamasters.com.au/

Moomba Masters

www.moombamasters.com.au

The Victorian Water Ski Association President and Directors extend a warm welcome to 2018 Moomba Masters Competitors and Junior Moomba competitors,

http://www.fantasy.ski/Account/Login

vypzmmfblxi0.png

• Baller
@aupatking @Bill22 Sorry gents, had some hiccups on our end, little rusty from the off season :) Horton is going with the theory of drafting no MT and loading up the other events, will be interesting to see if the theory works. By US Masters we should have the ability to form private conferences so we can have a BOS conference leaderboard.

• Administrators
Anyone want to talk strategies? If I had the time I would pull out the spreadsheets and try to reverse engineer @JeffSurdej's methods and try to create a mathematical solution to victory

• Baller

for salaries I simply went off IWSF rankings and reversed engineered the ranking score to FWS pts. So MJ feet times *600. There is no rhyme or reason to the 600 to be honest. WJ was ranking times 600 also, slalom was buoy count ranking average times 1200 figuring ms slalom about 115 buoys and men jump 230 so it was just a way to make each event somewhat even. Tricks is score divided by 100 times 1200. What I basically did was tried to make a 230 jump equal to 1 @ 41, equal to 11,000 in tricks for men, and similar proportion for women.

What I'd like to do is start to factor in skiers FWS pts into their salary value, meaning some skiers might have a good IWWF ranking but not be a good FWS skier. There is definitely a strategy do winning, the winners of every FWS event so far have all had a similar theme.

• Administrators

As I see it there are two possible approaches.

A) try to pick a team of mid field skiers who will all likely make the finals - fill every team spot. If they all make every round they will score the max points. If one or two do not advance very far in an early round that is a huge loss of points.

B ) Pick a team of skiers who will for sure will score in every round - but use up all the money before the whole roster is filled. This means some points are automatically given up but there skiers picked should score every round.

• Baller

C) stack your team with 4 or 5 of your favorite top level skiers. Then fill all of the remaining spots with the cheapest skiers you can find.

Edit: this option takes a little more time playing within your budget.

• Administrators
@aupatking my strategy is a bit risky and seat of the pants. The next round may not be as kind to me. I may have to break out the spreadsheets to the next event.