Water Ski for a Cause | Michigan

jaykooch

Hey All -

On June 9, we are kicking off the first annual Water Ski for a Cause water ski event. Similar to The Boarding School's BBQ, Buoys, and Beer event, this will be a fun a "contest" bringing serious slalom swervers alongside recreational weekend warriors to benefit a great cause. This year's proceeds will benefit Mark Boender and his family, someone near and dear to our hearts. There will be food, drinks, skiing, and plenty of things to keep the whole family entertained! Details:

West Shore Ski Club

2600 Coolidge

Conklin, MI 49403

DATE & TIME:

June 9, 2018 | Noon-6pm

Food is served from 3-6pm

COST:

$30 - Skiers (incl. 4 Passes, Tee & Mug)

$20 - Non-skiing guests (incl. Tee & Mug)

$20 - Purchase of additional passes

https://actionwater.com/ski-for-a-cause/

FACEBOOK EVENT:

https://www.facebook.com/events/162762241228940/

There will be a 60 skier limit - however anyone/everyone is invited to come hang out and support Mark.

If you can't make it, but would still like to contribute, there is a GoFundMe page set up which all money raised will go towards Mark's family: https://www.gofundme.com/93muq-miracle-for-mark?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=campaign_link_t&utm_campaign=welcome

Thank you all and looking forward to June 9!

• Baller

Many sponsors have stepped up to make this happen, this is going to be a unique event inspired by Travis @theboardingschool with the BBB

All costs associated with putting this on have been covered by the sponsors so all the funds/entry fees raised will go to the cause!

• Baller_
@dhofert, you should probably join USAWSWS and MWSA anyway. If you are looking to increase your participation in the sport or want information, that is one way to get involved. Plus, with the recent slalom course issues, a strong membership helps with advocacy.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@dhofert an update is that we sanctioned this as a x tournament meaning a usa day membership will be good to use . As of right now we are going to have the day memberships picked up by a sponsor. However feel free to join as @MISkier said as to keep the cost down and more proceeds go to the recipient.

• Baller

It was an unbelievable turnout , we were hoping for 200 people and I think we were in the 250 -300 range.

Had 250 t shirts and they were all gone.

Hats off to all our sponsors , volunteers , skiers , and supporters.

It was an event like no other waterski event i have ever attended or been a part of including nationals.

Thanks to @jaykooch for the great marketing as well.

I am sure he will be posting things tomorrow .

We had skiers from national champions to wakeboarders to a dad and daughter sking double.

It was great to see the ski community come together .

Thanks again to all who supported and gave money and time, an unbelievable amount was raised.