Reflex white cuff + 840: play under the toe loop

KcSwerver

• Baller

I just replaced the boot and the silvretta (new 840) on my reflex system. However the toe loop and carbon plate are original.

I am noticing (just during setup so far) that there is a good amount of play under the toe loop when the system is locked in at the intended tension.... I’ll post a video later today to show exactly what I’m talking about,

but has anyone experienced this?

I’m asking because I am gun shy from a handful of prereleases on my old setup, and want to make sure everything is as the manufacturer intended to be before I ski this summer.

• Baller

Double check the bolts holding the toe loop in place are secure.

Unfortunately you need to take the plate off the ski to inspect it. On Feb vacation I took a wicked OTF/pre-release fall because one of those bolts Had worked it’s self loose over last season.

• Baller
@aupatking hey, I just switched holes ( I didn’t even see those earlier, they are kind of hidden) I believe this has fixed the issue, and I hope this short thread will help the next dinghead figure this problem out :)

• Baller
@Gloersen any idea why the 2 holes are there, if not for the difference in boots? That plate isn’t the current reflex plate. All current plates only offer one position for the release mechanism, but all mounting blocks come with 2 holes. If he moves the release, it also changes the boot distance from tail, and you can see his plate is as far back as it will go. If you move the base pieces, it looks like you are going to have to lengthen your plate-to-ski slots and add holes.

• Baller
That was something I liked on the FM toe block version. You could adjust the toe block to get a good secure lock at the heel. Shifting the block backwards tilted the release rearward and increased pressure in the spring. There should be better set up data for ledge height and fore/aft alignment.

• Baller

I have a FM toe bar,, it can be used with Reflex, easy mod. Depending of how much you tighten the buckle, you can also change the boot placement a little, so it's better to find the optimum and leave e it there or put marks on the buckle teeth.

Same thing when you move your silvretta to eliminate play.

@KcSwerver I would try to use the stainless steel bases with the 4 hole and see if it would minimize play.

SS bases holes can be slotted so so that you can move the release half a hole on the plate and if you do use those bases, do not use the front inside bolt, it is not nessesary and the nut dig into the boot heel.