Thinking about switching skis again

kds221

I’ve been on a 2013 67” Connelly Concept now for awhile and from what I read on these forums the Connelly Concept is a ski of the past. Is that really true? I’m an aggressive open water skier and do not have access to any course in the area. Slalom skiing is one of my biggest hobbies during the summer months and I really enjoy it. Is there another ski out there that could be more beneficial to me than the Concept? I was on an O’Brien World Team prior. Would it really be worth it to try something else? I been looking at the HO CX, Connelly V, and Radar Senate as other options. I’m just looking for some suggestions. I don’t know any other water skiers so any info would be helpful. Thank you.

• Baller
Disclosure: I'm newer here so others should chime in to confirm the suggestion. At 32-34 mph and longer line lengths you would have a lot of fun on a crossover ski like the Senate, Omni, or V. If you aren't running a course then the lower versions of these three would be just fine. Mr. Horton has reviewed the upper versions of all three and the write-ups are easy to find. The real problem is that they are all really good skies, so it's tough to choose if you aren't near a shop that lets you test ride. From what I've been told, you can't go wrong. I can tell you my impressions of the Carbon Omni next weekend, man I can't wait.

Isn’t the Omni pretty much the same as the CX? I’ve seen CX prices go down. Thanks everyone for the replies. I keep thinking every year the concept is fine for me but I felt last year I could have been better on something else.

• Baller
Yep time for a new ride. If I’m not mistaken the concept is an eighties ski that has only seen graphics updates since that time. I tried the Omni and feel it would be a good open water ski for you especially at 32 mph. And if you ever get the urge to chase those orange balls it will take you into short line.

• Baller_

While visiting up in NY this week and skiing open water only, I am riding a Connelly Carbon V. My usual ride is a Mapple T3. I am finding the CV at 34 mph/ -28 to be stable, quick and fun to ride. I am still figuring out the best fin numbers. If you buy one (and I recommend the ski) hit me up and I’ll give you the numbers I settle on.

H2OPROSHOP. com has them. Give Austin a call and he’ll fix you up.

Lpskier

• Baller

The CX is a great ski, itself. Around the 2015 area, I prefered the CX to the earlier Vapor shape Senates. Those Senates had some great attributes I liked, that like @Dirt said, you may love and feel far outweigh those I prefered in the CX.

As for today’s Senate, it’s Magic.

To date, I still haven’t ridden a V, but would love to. I know Connelly’s GT is a great ski.

All good info. Any real advantages going with a carbon version of an Omni or V with open water skiing? Or a Senate Alloy vs Senate Graphite? I got to educate myself more on all these new skis. Especially from a guy that’s coming from a Concept lol.

• Baller
I went from a CX Superlite to a Carbon Omni. The CX was a great ski, but noisy in anything other than glass or nearly glass (could feel the vibration and "chatter" coming through the ski because of the lightweight construction). The Carbon Omni soaks up the noise and is a lot smoother in the conditions I ski in. 6'1", and 225 on a 69" Omni at 32mph. Radar Profile front boot and ARTP. It gets my vote for open water crossover.