ANY BALLERS IN GRANBURY,TEXAS AREA

bananaron

• Baller
I am looking at a 2005 MC Prostar 197 located in Granbury.I think the owner is Lorne and has owned the boat since new.Does anyone know the boat or could take a look at it for me.I would really appreciate it.Thx........Ron 218-851-2801

• Baller

e38amndb7agm.jpeg

Anyone out there who’s familiar with this boat in Granbury/ Lakes at Times Cove and can vouch for it’s condition?

I (somewhat) foolishly goaded a ski partner into selling his older Malibu with PP so that he could buy that boat with ZeroOff. Now I’m committed to going with him from Cincinnati to pick it up tomorrow/ Wednesday.

I think it will be ok but just would like confirmation that we will be happy after driving 1000+ miles.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Baller
@Lieutenant Dan Was he firm at $26,000 ? Which for me is very high however its a different market now.I have been burned once on traveling to get a boat.It does help to have someone preview the boat if not possible I always get many photos and videos as possible.I also ask the owner a detailed list of questions about the boat and if they don't pass my test I don't buy the boat.Good luck road trips are fun.I am sure this one looks pretty nice..

• Baller

My Father bought this boat from a gentleman in Possum kingdom who bought it new. It was well maintained with low hours. My Father bought it knowing that I could convert it to ZO as I have with many other 196's. I ordered the kit from Tim white at inboard solutions. Since the install the single puck ZO has had no issues and the boat runs great.

My Father has had new tires installed and wheel bearings greased in preparation for this travel. He also held this boat for your buddy with no deposit and turned away another perspective buyer while your buddy sold his Malibu.

This due diligence should have been done a lot earlier in this process. The fact my father held the boat for your buddy and offered for you two to stay in his house goes to show his honest character. This post is rather insulting. After going out of his way the least you can do is make the trip and look at the boat.

Can I vouch for the boat? Yes it is as advertised. Will he sell the boat to your buddy after being insulted? I don't know.

He really hated seeing this boat go but I am moving to Granbury and selling my ZO 196 this fall so that we can purchase a newer boat. Selling a boat in the summer makes more sense than in the winter. As far as being negotiable not really. No pressing reason to sell.

Thanks

Travis Torley.