Awesome craigslist ads!

Moffattra

• Baller_

This is the part of the ad that I like:

“It's made out of fiberglass not that cheap plastic junk.”

Which skis are made out of plastic? And, what type? HDPE?

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
Craigslist has some treasures- local guy here has a Torque wood ski that looks brand new posted. Oddly, in his photo, the adjustable heel is mounted backwards. Problem is, he wants $350,which seems steep- time to try the lowball...

• Baller

Paid big money for it..eh? One-owner ski? Late 80's perhaps even new back then with dbl bindings maybe just maybe but probably not even $300 as a new ski??? I'm glad it's not made of plastic, or rubber, or plexiglass.

Geez.

• Baller

Where is Poultney? My first “tournament ski” was that exact 1600, but maybe in a 64. Even wanting it for nostalgia, an old slalom ski is worth $50, max. I actually do really want it, but there’s zero chance of me paying that much, and the boots would never fit, so I’d still be looking for those too.

I love it when they act like it’s current, cutting edge tech. That ski is, at absolute newest, 1992. I’m so glad there have been no technological breakthroughs in the last 26 years

• Baller

Most awesome CL ad I’ve seen lately was for the “02 196 I picked up last Thursday for $8k.

There’s also a pretty sweet “84-“85 HO Mach one for $150 down here the guy has had posted for about 2 years. I’m mostly impressed with his tenacity, at this point.