First time in the course of the year

Chef23

• Baller

Got out in the slalom course for the first time this year. I skied it a little bit last year on jumpers and maybe once or twice on a slalom before my back issues flared up and I shut it down. Plus I was really weak.

I have free skied 5 or 6 times working pretty good through the wakes and when we went out this morning it was beautiful and the water was flat. I decided it was time to give it a crack. I was skiing at 30 mph 22 off which is where I have been free skiing. First pass was a little shaky but I ran it. Second and third passes were much better. Fourth I skied a little tired but cleaned it up for the fifth pass. I decided that I should quit while I was ahead because I am trying to protect my back as I get stronger.

For ski I am on a 67" Radar Katana right now and it is a fun ski at 30 mph. To anyone learning the course I would highly recommend something like the Katana. It is very forgiving for where you stand on the ski, provides great support and turns well. I think for beginning course skiers it would be better than a high end slalom because of the forgiveness.

I am thinking at least 4-6 more sets like this before I think about doing anything more. I definitely want to get to the point that I can run 6 full passes and not be gassed. I have free skied much longer than 6 turns but it just isn't the same intensity as the course. I will probably run some 28 offs next at 30 mph in my progression then think about bumping speed. When I go to 32 mph I will likely get back on my Goode Mid. I ran 32/22 at 25 pounds heavier than I am now so it will be fine.

I forgot a little bit how much I love to ski when I wasn't on the water. Don't take any of your sets for granted every time you get on the water is a blessing.