Moved to Tampa--Looking for covered boat storage and/or lake

JamesO

We moved to Tampa, FL last week and although I thought it would be easy to do, I cannot find a covered spot to store my Ski Nautique. It is getting rained on every day in the driveway and it is killing me. I have always had it under cover. This is my first time to Florida (Active Duty Air Force officer) and figured of all places, Florida would have lots of boat storage and skiing options. Unfortunately, my boat storage and lake (really don't want to put the boat in salt water) search keeps hitting the brick wall of "waiting list" for covered storage and "sorry, we are a private lake only" for skiing options.

Any insight from the Ball of Spray community? Would love to keep it within an hour to 1.5 hour's drive of Tampa. I have been a reader of this site for over a year, but just now making my first post and looking for some help. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

James

• Baller

@JamesO I can’t really help you out with storage but if you wanna drive 1.5 hours and ski PP let me know. There’s a few good coaching options for you in your area but that gets expensive. Good luck finding a location, similar problem I have.

@LeonL @JamesO anybody have luck reaching out to Stan or anybody with the club in Mulberry? Both emails bounce back and The number listed above isn’t connecting through (evidently).