Could this be?

WBLskier

• Baller
My skiing technique has gotten better over the last couple of years but my buoy count has not. I am skiing on a 2016 66" Radar Vapor Lithium. Lately I sometimes run 28 off/34mph and sometimes don't. I'm always fighting to stay off my tail. Until yesterday I was using a 6 year old Radar Strada front binding and RTP. It is super worn out in every way but still very comfortable and I thought I really liked it still. I tried out a new vapor binding yesterday. Felt uncomfortably stiff for the first 3 passes and I couldn't even get close to running my opener. Then all of a sudden I figured it out and ran through 32 off easily. Easiest 32 off pass I've ever made. The new binding seemed to automatically keep me on the front of my ski. I didn't do a single wheely and the ski turned more effortlessly than it ever has before. It's raining today so I can't go out to see if it was a fluke. Am I dreaming this up or could a new binding be this much of a game changer?

@WBLskier this is great news! I run radar boots and ski. I will only go two seasons on the same front boot then upgrade to a new one. The rear boot is not as critical. Both Lateral, forward and rear flex of your front boot is critical in relationship to ski feedback. My guess is your old boot had lost the ability to translate a lot of the pressures you were trying to apply to the ski to make it work for you. Not to mention the new boots work way better and seem to be stiffer than previous models. Keep us posted on your progress. Great skiing!

• Baller
I sure hope it continues for you, however it may be similar to the so called "honeymoon" period that often occurs on a new/different ski. Bindings may well be more of an impact on skiing than a different ski.