Shower...diy or kit?

Keith_Menard

• Baller_

I installed the AquaTik kit. I also installed the HeaterCraft heater kit. And, I bought the heated seat kit from Bakes Marine and installed that, too.

For the shower, I recommend installing some inline filter kits that you can easily clean. Otherwise, you get weeds and other debris in the screen that is inside the valve assembly or the shower head. I just installed these on the hot and cold lines and used the Shurflo model on Amazon. Also, for the heater install, get the Y pipe for improved heat circulation at idle.

Everything has worked great for me and I’ve had it installed for at least 7 years (other than the inline filters - new this year).

If you would like to see pictures of the shower install, I have some.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

I realized that we had a similar discussion before.

Here is that thread, with some of my previous pictures (and some by other posters):

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/comment/253284

I will try to get some additional pictures tonight of the filter installation and the hot and cold line connections.

• Baller
I have been contemplating the same question. I think I could save some money with DIY but not sure if it enough to make the trouble worth it. I looked around some RV parts stores and found just about everything you need. I need to get on it pretty soon as winter is coming.

• Baller

@"Keith Menard" I went through the same thing when I installed my heater. I found that by cobbling together the parts vs buying a kit I was only going to save <5% and would have had to buy from at least 3 different places.

Not sure it would help with your shower, but I made a little writeup on TT of my heater install:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=84895

• Baller_

Here are photos of my connections. I connected the hot water supply line to the drain on the passenger side of the engine and, using a brass tee and some fittings, also added a brass drain for quick draining.

Then, the strainer/filter is placed inline and fastened to a hose with zip ties to keep it out of the bilge and easily accessible.

For the cold water supply line, the fittings provided with the strainer/filter allowed me to thread it right into the coupler porovded in the shower kit to tap the raw water intake.

sqmvgibsvwpz.jpeg

6xm7lff3k8m4.jpeg

d1wnbjtbd1f2.jpeg

Hope this helps.

• Baller

I made my own from a 12v pressure pump off eBay which had the filter/ strainer built in, and a transom shower handle. Used a brass mixer to adjust temp. Change out of AU$150 and made a big difference to the kids on the early morning runs ... and me too. This is similar to my pump, fittings clamps etc from local hardware. Connected to ACC switch on dash. Took about 4 beers time to do.

nwxwvergikul.jpeg