Proud dad and love my ski family!

bigskieridaho

• Baller

My 7 year old daughter was not really into skiing so much. She would go every once in a while, but we had to pretty much bribe her. She watched two other girls her age in this last tournament ski and now she wants to ski all the time! She will do 2 sets or more! Have my 4 year old on the ski sled and my wife is stoked now that she can practice with the mini course. So stoked to have a ski family!eovnr99a8k33.jpeg

5kgyqwb9574a.jpeg

3jqdkl1dn7jr.jpeg

mmjg7sxdhqr8.jpeg

• Baller
That's awesome. I have not had much luck getting my kids into it. My 10 yr daughter kneeboards some and tubes too much. My son wakeboard some and occasionally two ski. Bribed them both that if by end of summer they could attempt the course on one ski , I would buy them each a quad. They were gung ho for about a week and have almost given up and gone back to the easy stuff.

• Baller

That is awesome. Finding other kids that like to ski is more important than the bribes. My son loves the sport my daughter never got the love but for a while would go with us. Both of them used to love to go to Coble's ski school where there were lots of kids around their age.

When my kids were little we had a rule that there was no tubing until after they skied. Later we stretched it a bit to no tubing until there was another tube out on the lake. In that way I got my daughter to ski, ride a wakeboard and a trick ski.

I miss lake days we used to have when they were younger. Now they are 19 and 20 and too busy with their lives to hang out with Mom and Dad for the day.

• Baller
I’m so jealous. I have a 3 year old boy who mimics me and my wife’s 9 months pregnant but I have zero opportunity to introduce him to skiing. Before long he’ll get sucked into football and basketball which I can’t tell the difference between a home run and a football and I’ll most likely lose him to skiing forever and the ski industry would too. Wish the ski schools and private sites along with manufacturers would do some event or program to get the little ones interested. Guys, even if your kids tube or wakeboard it’s not the end of the world, be proud.

• Baller

@UWSkier I know my son will he got very focused on lacrosse and he is playing D1 in college which took his focus off skiing. He still skis some when he can squeeze in the time and looks longingly at his jumpers saying he is going to jump when he is done with lacrosse.

My daughter doesn't have the love of it that I do. I just hope she gets on her skis sometime again in the future and someday I can instill the love in her kids if she ever has them. She is only 20 so I am willing to wait quite a while.