Binding problems

EmacSki4

im graduating soon and my parents were planning on getting me a new ski as a grad gift because my current one is beaten up and older. But long story short i bought some GOODE powershells for the new ski but they decided to get me a nice watch instead :(. not mad that i didn't get a ski and i'm very thankful but i have a problem now

The ski im currently using has way too many screw holes and it's not a flat surface. I Don't like the idea of having the interlock tape on top of the holes it's pretty sketchy. What should i do about this, any advice helps !!

• Baller
@EmacSki4 you can easily mount those boots on the MOB release system and never need interlock tape again. Then you can also mount the system on any standard screw insert pattern without buying more tape.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Administrators

@EmacSki4 if you're worried about putting the tape over the top of raised inserts it's not a problem. Just use an exacto or razor blade to cut out the tape going over the inserts and you're fine.

Or are you saying that you have a really old ski that doesn't have inserts and you have holes drilled directly into the ski?

• Baller
I ran interlock over the inserts for many years without filling them. Keep in mind once you fill them you can't un-fill them. I was on Powershells for nearly 12 years. I would make sure they are flush with the top of the ski and if they aren't, either file/cut them down to flush or tape around them, but I would not mess with filling them.