My son got up on 1 ski!!!!

escmanaze

• Baller

Well it was a big day in the Hinckley household. My nephew ran all 6 for the first time at 26 mph. My 74 year old Dad ran all 6 green buoys for the first time ever at 26 mph, but not to be outdone, my son got up on 1 ski for the first time ever!!!!

I think it's all the extensive time he's put in on two skis, but I couldn't believe how instantly stable he was. He started shredding before we could even dig my phone out of the glove box. He's super pumped and I'm super happy for him.

And here's a plug for every boat to have a 63" HO Freeride for the young kids learning to get up on 1. This was his first time trying on this particular ski and I think it made a big difference. I'm now convinced it's the perfect ski for kids around this age and size to be trying on. We also have a little weight velcroed to the back of the ski to help the tip point up and additionally I think the deep V rope made a big difference as well.

• Baller_

Awesome. Not only does he ski for over 3 minutes, he handles the big rollers and even starts testing out the feel of one handed skiing.

Amazing looking lake and glass, too. Good thing it was big to give him enough room to keep going and going.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.