Magnets, where to buy or how to build?

Orlando76

• Baller
I’m the one guy still running PP classic. Magnets seem to be getting harder to find. Skier to skier is sold out. EZ Ed wants $35 per magnet and they’re probably good quality but I can’t really afford at the rate they disappear. Any suggestions where to buy them built for the course? I thought about making my own, any suggestions? How much magnet strength does it take to trigger the switch?

• Baller
I used to buy ceramic ring magnets at surplus stores. I think they were medical grade. I attached directly to bottom of buoy with plastic safety ties. I'm sure you could build your own floaters with a can of spray foam and a couple of cereal bowls taped together. Drill out center when hardened.

• Baller

@thager yeah I was thinking to buy some ring magnets on amazon and pour some foam in a solo cup. Do you recall a rough idea on size magnets you used? Too weak won’t trigger PP.

Speaker magnet would work excellent and I actually get some from work. But maybe life has me too exhausted lately but I can’t dream up an idea on how to mount them in a manner to make sure all poles are up or down. With a ring magnet if the buoy line passes through the ring voila!

• Baller

Ring magnets I used were 3 inches across. I never bothered with the foam. I mounted mine N side up to the nipple on the bottom on the ball with safety ties. Close to surface magnet gives a strong signal. Have never hit one in 20 years of skiing with ski or boat. hqqfsklaj3pr.jpg

x4tvfuq9i30v.jpg