equivalent slalom ski

chrislandy

• Baller

Over the summer I tried my friends 67" O'Brien Elite, (circa 2014) and really got on with it (slight improvement on my mid 90's Kidder RL Comp!)

What would the equivalent ski be now, or over the past few years used? I nearly fell over when I saw how much top line skis are now!

I don't currently run the course as I'm only just getting back to slalom, but likely to go that way in the next couple of seasons

• Baller

free skiing at 32-34mph, 180lbs, 5ft8", over 40 ;)

I believe it was an Andy Mapple design.

Comparing the two, my kidder was like riding a tank. the O'brien was quite twitchy off edge, but I was expecting that.

2nd hand ski's are pretty hard to find in the UK, and new, tbh are stupidly expensive (effectively 1700 $ for a 1000 $ ski in the US)

• Baller

The Elite could be tough on the skier. Great ski, but not terribly friendly. The GT is a fun ski and won’t hurt you, as is the Vapor, but I'd go 2016 and later with the Vapor. For your speed and freeskiing, the Senate checks all the boxes. Fantastic ski and very user friendly. From free skiing to -35 off it’s hard to beat the Senate.

Ski-it-again.com is the place to find a used ski that will get you back in the game.