Moomba Boomerang

Jetsetr

• Baller

There are people around this forum who have had them. I've been in a couple (and does anyone remember the Aztec coyote?)

A local marina I used to work at had one in trade a few years back and we took it out, wakes were fine. Tracked a lot like late 80s prostar 190. But side boards were lower cockpit feels like a jet boat from the 70s.

I would for sure buy one if all you wanted was a cheap boat to use on maybe something like a river with just 3 people.

I would not buy one as a replacement for a ski boat if you are always in the course on a nice private lakes.

• Baller
I had one for years, was a '98, great boat! Realize that it's at the lower end of tournament boats, it's small, low and gets pulled around in the course but it did have the 350 GM and dual through hull exhaust that sound great. Again, great boat! If you get it for the right price, you should be happy. It's not a Nautique. Wake was fine for slalom, no complaints. I think there was wood in it as the motor mounts were lag bolts and they were spinning. you'll get used to driving it like any boat. I'd buy another, at the right price.

• Baller

It's very fun.

Not spacious, not beautifully appointed, not great in rough water.

But very fun, both to ski and to drive.

Like @LOTW said, at the right price.

Fine wake, and particularly good if you have intermediate/younger skiers in your crew that ski at slower speed, e.g. 26-30mph.

• Baller

There’s one for sale in my area, Super clean $6500. Im kinda familiar with the Outback (a much larger boat).

Not really that interested in it, my dinosaur Brendella has been treating me right at my level of suckage.

Thanks for all the good intel!

• Baller
For not much more you may find a '91-'94 MC Prostar. MUCH higher quality build and great wakes, more space. Those Boomerangs were not screwed together super well to begin with and now it's got a lot of years on it. Depends on what you are after.

• Baller
I owned a '98 Boomerang for three seasons. It had a 310hp 5.7L carb motor marinized by Indmar. It was a rocket ship and provided a lot of fun for skiing and footing. However, it didn't have a lot of space or creature comforts. My father described it as a v8 with sunglasses or just enough hull to keep the motor dry. I recall the wake being similar to a Malibu Sportster small but firm.