Anyone selling a good condition Nautique 196?

Martin

• Members
It still kills me that I sold my 2009 promo 196 in the worst of the recession for $30k after 12+ months of no buyers. The gentleman who bought it from me could sell it now, 9yrs down the road and 1000hrs more, for the about the same price. There weren’t a lot of 2008 and 2009 196s due to the recession. They are relatively rare, native Zero Off 196s.

• Baller
I have an 07 that is ready for zero off (ECM already reflashed), with 50 hours on new crate engine (prior owner overheated original). 1050 hours on hull. Drives great. Very good condition. No vinyl tears or fading but for drivers seat which has some cracking. 2 owner boat (I'm #2). If want to talk more, PM me. Wasn't planning on selling but...everything is always for sale, I suppose.

• Baller
ZO can be installed on any Excalibur engine with varying amounts of work. Could be cheaper in the long run to get a TSC2 boat and do the work to add ZO. There are a few sweet TSC2 boats for a good price on SIA. I also understand the desire for a turnkey boat if that is your style.

• Baller
@Martin The boat you are looking for is hard to find. I lucked out and bought an 09 196 last year w just under 500hrs, showroom condition. It was posted on SIA on a Friday, I didn't see it til Monday and called the owner, said he already had 10 calls on it. Due solely to luck I ended up with it at a price I considered very fair. What I paid is less than most of the 08-09 196s I see listed on SIA now, and many with a lot more hours and not in nearly as nice condtion. Good luck with your search, keep looking and if you see one that looks good, don't waste any time contacting the seller. I think there are a lot of people looking for that same thing as you are.