Conversion on 200 from Linc to gauges

mlange

• Baller

Ignoring the money side of this question...

Anyone know if you can replace the Linc 1.0 display with gauges in a 2011. Replacement gauges, keypads, bezels, etc... are all available through NautiqueParts. The question is if this is plug-n-play or if there's a lot more to it than that.

Would want it to look stock.

• Baller_

Here is the knock. The boat now is 9 model years old, the potential for failure of a replacement component (linc) in the next few years is quite high. They are quite proud of the cost of these units.

Now the upside is the ECM generates A analog signal and most nautiques of that generation actually have a analog wire harness up under the dash just stubbed off. They built one wire harness fits all.

I would not hesitate to consider changing the linc out for analog. Is it plug and play? No. Can one get all the parts to do so ? I think so, there are current analog gauge kits to replace the 02 through 2009 digital units. These kits should work in a linc replacement along with a replacement bezel. But! The dash assy may be different from linc application to analog gauge application.

Hope this helps..

• Baller

Display didn't die. I'm considering pulling the trigger on a 2011 I found, but I want to pull the LINC display and go to the stock gauges.

So if there's an analog harness under the dash it sounds like I have some options. Are the gauges that they did in 2011 or the newer-style ones analog? If so, sounds like it should be pretty straight forward. If not, is there a way to use those gauges instead. I'm really striving for a stock look.

And what about the keypad? Looks like the 2011 keypad has just one connector coming into the backside of it. The newer style keypad has two connectors going into it. I'd like to be able to switch to the newer style keypad as well.

Thanks guys!

• Baller_

@6balls

The later linc displays that incorporate zo seem to be holding up in the field. The earlier versions with out zo are no more then expensive digital gauge displays.

Reminder that assessory switching such as bilge, blower and lights will also have to be addresed..

• Baller

One more thing that makes me happy I have my old trusty 196 with ZO.

My ski partner has a 2014 Malibu with the touch screen, which sounded like a nice idea. But just doesn't work nearly as well as it should. Takes 5+ button pushes just to start the boat and turn off the blower each time.