Rental Properties on Ski lake with slip for winter months?

mmskiboat

• Members
Not sure if these exist or not. We are new to skiing, just got our first ski boat and in a few years might want to head south in the winter (we live in canada) and bring our boat down to spend time on a ski lake. Are they places that rent houses, or slips on the lake and houses near?

• Baller
I'm sure Florida and parts of S California are good places for the Winter, but so is S Texas. We ski year round in Houston and have had several snow birds through the years join us for a few months. We have covered boat storage and lots of rental property nearby. Drop me an email if interested. khoover at wt.net

• Members

Thanks guys, I imagine we are about 2 years away as we would setup our place here as a rental if we did more than a month visit. I think it would be a great way to get better at skiing, meet some like minded people and still be able to use the boat rather than have it sleeping in some cold dark place.

Arizona could be smart as we are also into triathlons so could add in some training, much more fun being outdoors rather than in a basement on a trainer, treadmill.

• Baller
Not sure how this would work for you financially, but maybe consider not bringing the boat and stay at or near a ski school in FL. We’ve been going to Swiss for a number of years and the knowledge gained on the dock interacting with other skiers is incredibly valuable. We’ve made pit stops at other ski schools and never had a bad experience, but I can’t say enough about the stadlbaur’s and their top notch operation.....

• Members

@Clydesdale yes the idea would be to attend a ski school of some sort 100% but just might not be for the whole time. Reason for bringing the boat is we have to pay for storage up here anyways so could actually use it.

Having said that might do a test run with a short trip to a ski school to scope an area and see what options are available.