The skiing sucks, but the gadget is cool

Keith_Menard

• Baller
Okay, @Stevie Boy, we’re talking about the same thing, but from different perspectives... handle vertical the left hand is on top, right hand is underneath (the left hand) on RFF. Handle horizontal and the left hand is an underhand grip and right hand is an overhand grip. Agreed. Without referencing you meant grip, your wording was ambiguous and I misunderstood your meaning. All is well!

• Baller

Np could be confusing if the handle was vertical you could say right hand on the bottom and left hand on the top, quite a few things in water sking can be easily interpreted the wrong way.

Vertical or horizontal in this case would make a difference, I should of been more precise with my grammar.

It,s easy to see how people could end up with the wrong grip, I am not sure if there is a good reason for different grip for Lff or Rff , or is it just a case of what feels right.

It,s a bit like the Deep Water Start most Rff have the line on the left of the ski , I struggle with that and have to have my line on the right of the ski.

• Baller
@stevie boy, I was always told to use a baseball grip. Well, being right handed I then put my right hand on the top of the handle (when vertical) and my left hand on the bottom just like I would with a baseball bat. But I’m also a goofy foot (RFF). It was some time before I came to realize I had my grip reversed. I needed to hold the handle like a left handed batter. The first couple. times after changing it, it felt totally weird. But in very short order it felt just fine.