2017 Prostar upgrade for 56$!!

Jaypro

• Baller
I always found it annoying that every time I turned the boat off and restarted it, the Fusion stereo would shut off and I would have to re-pair my phone to the stereo, ridiculous! A little research and spending $56 on the Fusion BT-200 bluetooth adapter, upgrading over the BT-100 that came with it, and BAM! Whenever I re-start the boat now, it automatically pairs to the previous device and song! The upgrade also provides song info on the head unit and the remote. The other great feature is that is a simple plug and play, done! Boat is winterized, always looking for an excuse to get in my boat (stored in my garage) and have a beer! Maybe I will vacuum it again.....

• Baller

I was very annoyed at this also, especially that the stereo cut out every time I restarted my ProStar. (I already had done the BT-200 upgrade.)

My dealer and MC said I need a second battery. So we did a test. No change.

My previous 2013 Malibu wake boat had no issues like that. The stereo kept playing regardless of the motor being shut off or turned on. It also had a key and push button start/stop.

So I took my ProStar to a stereo shop, and now the stereo stays on even when restarting the motor. No interruptions. Much better.

They installed a PAC TR12 PC-Programmable Universal Trigger Module. Which keeps the stereo on maximum for 30 minutes after the motor is off. And it stays on when I restart the motor. That is the real issue it fixed.

I hope this may help someone else, but the best case has MasterCraft resolving it from the factory.

Thanks.

• Baller
I just spliced the power for the bluetooth adapter onto the constant power lead for the stereo. So the stereo turns off while restarting, but the bluetooth adapter keeps power, and stays paired to my phone. Quick and easy. I may look into upgrading to the BT 200 also, but that fix is good enough for now.

• Baller
I had the MC dealer replace the wiring on my 2018 under warranty. The remote (by the steering wheel) would turn off every time I started the engine. They said it was a bad design because the starter would draw power and reset the head unit.. or something to that effect. They had to rewire the power. The problem may stem from the fact that these stereo units are designed to be run with a dual battery set up (with the radio running from the house battery not a start battery) on the wake boats. Just got replaced when the boat was winterized.... haven't had the chance to check it out yet.

• Baller

@mfjaegersr I wouldn't call the factory designed wiring and "issue." It is designed that way to give full power for starting. The original fusion bluetooth adapter is really the issue, in that it doesn't reconnect automatically after being powered off, it appears that the new fusion bluetooth unit does. If your battery was a little less than full power, and the power the stereo was drawing was the straw the tipped the scale as to whether or not the boat would start, I'm sure you would appreciate the wiring the way it is. 99% of the time, it should be no issue having the stereo stay powered on while cranking, so if you want to modify it....go for it. I modified mine so that just the bluetooth adapter stayed powered on. If I was producing a boat to be sold and used by other people, I think I would design the electronics to maximize power available for starting too.

The "bilge blower" isn't always on. The bilge blower is on a switch to be turned on when you feel you should use it. The additional blower in the engine compartment is there to maximize performance that many situations won't require. Its simple enough to disconnect that blower if you feel you won't notice the performance loss (which is really just minimal in rare situations such as high altitude, and hot days.)

• Baller

@ScottScott Ok. ‘Issue’ seemed like a reasonable summation for owner comments like these, about the same ‘experience’:

“I always found it annoying....”

“I got sick of it...”

“This is one of the first things I did...”

“I was very annoyed at this also...”

Mobile audio is hardly rocket surgery by now; I’d simply expect this to work well - as in, works the way most owners would like and not be annoyed by- in a boat which costs that much casheesh.

Glad y’all got your non-issues resolved!