Want to add Engine flush valve to my Prostar

lakeho26

• Baller
For a winter project id like to install an engine flush valve in my 2018 prostar 5.7, so im looking for pics of a factory engine flush valve location and type of valve the factory uses. I have searched a bit and found a perko brand valve and some brass shutoff type valves that would work. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks for the help!!

• Baller
It is after. I haven't installed the hose to transom fitting. I just open the engine cover and attach hose to the side fitting on that valve, in the engine compartment. Maybe someday I'll do that, but for my needs and in-frequency (flushing after salt water use) this is fine, and no holes in transom.

• Baller
Super easy. Go to you local hardware or water store and buy a PVC 1 1/2” tee, 1 1/2 short nipple and whatever fittings you want to connect to the tee with. We just got a plug and then we have a bucket with a hose and a 1 1/2” hose fitting. We use it once a year to winterize.

• Baller

This stuff (see item numbers) from supply house.com should do it nicely. I have In box on my workbench. Didn’t put in yet... there is a guy on teamtalk that used same setup and said works ok.

Another option is to get PVC fitting that fits inside the 1-1/4” hose and adapt that to garden hose. I did that also. Approx $5.

Not sure what I’m going to do with the stuff in the picture.

fctzrv0m27g5.png

• Baller
@75Tique - nice and cheap solution, however, did you check on the ID of that Lasco pipe fitting? It reduces the water flow significantly! It’s like your raw water pump has to suck the cooling water through a straw now. I would be a bit concerned of premature impeller failure and / or cooling problems with that setup.

• Baller
@DavidN Pretty much proven technology. There are about a billion of these over on CorrectCraftFan. Look at the inside of a lot of fittings and valves that are used. Lots with pretty small diameters. Keep in mind, not for running at high rpm. Just to run in driveway at low rpm for flushing or testing/tuning. Still plenty of water coming out of exhaust.