2020 Animal boot sizing

wettek69

• Baller

Gidday guys

Does anyone know how true the Animal boot sizing is? I'm 10-1/2 AUS, so pretty much 11-1/2 US, but from what I can see, the Animals only come in alternate sizes, so I am stuck with either 10-11 US which could be too tight, or 12-13 US which is liable to be a bit sloppy. 11-12 would be perfect, but not an option. Any suggestions? Please HO, make another set of sizes, not every second set.

Thanks and regards to all.

Apologies Mr. Horton, managed to post this in the wrong section, feel free to move it to Skis, Fins, Bindings.

• Baller
10-11 is what used to be called "Large".....if you have a std width foot....I'd stick with that size. If you have a high instep or wider foot...go bigger. One note, you can put the boot in a bucket of hot tap water...again hot..not boiling...just what comes out of the faucet... and it will allow you to "shape" the EVA a bit if you need a bit more room.

• Baller
I'll echo @perfski on the size recommendation and will add that the '19 and '20 Animal boots come with extra overlay material so you can adjust how tight or loose you want them across the top of your foot. Once you have them set where you like them, simply cut off the excess.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

Well, got the 10-11 HO Animal to try, unfortunately it was way too tight across the top of the front of my foot, adjusting the overlay made no difference in that area of the boot. 11-12 would be perfect but unfortunately the next size up is the 12-13.

Really nice boot though. Oh well, looks like I stay on the Size 12 Radar Profile boot.

Regards to all and a Merry Christmas.

• Baller
@wettek69 - because I’m closer to 9 1/2 and felt certain the large would be too loose as being at low end of the sizing. I also like a very snug fitting binding. I don’t tighten the laces much on these but again I do use a lot of slime . They feel great, and DO release as I’ve had some world class falls . Rubber also as you know does loosen up a bit with use . Tfactors are fabulous in my opinion. Best rubber boot out there . Also no problems moving to different skis. I went from HO S2 to Connelly GTR.