NCWSA Hall of Fame

JRush

• Administrators

thank you @Broussard. Ron was the coach and organizer of the 1979 SDSU water ski team. In 1979, SDSU came to the first ever college nationals in Monroe and beat NLU on the bayou.

Considering that I was 10 or 11 years old at the time, I'm not super clear on all the details, but he was one of the organizers of one of the absolute OG collegiate ski teams. It's my recollection that he stuck around with that program for a number of years, but I'm not sure.

like Tom Murphy at NLU, Ron Burns helped shape collegiate skiing into what it is today.

some additional research would have to be done but this sure seems like a Hall of Fame candidate.

see https://thencwsa.org/tbt-fun-and-good-skiing-at-the-first-national-intercollegiate-championships/

• Like 1

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
20 hours ago, Cooper_Trelawney said:

@Horton JD was amazing to watch.  Perfectly balanced on his skis.  His s-turn at 32 mph was crazy to watch...starting well ahead of the bow, sinking to his knees and sling shoting into the ramp.  But, while JD was mostly smiling, Swanson had that death stare.  

DEATH STARE  😂

• Like 1