Dixie Skier inboards? Never heard of it until today

Booze

• Baller

...saw one on FB Marketplace.

A quick search yielded a couple more for sale in the SE.

Just curious about the history, if anyone knows.

zgbtet2ygwbf.png

An honorable mention on obscure inboards is "Ski-rific" Anyone remember those?

• Baller
So there was a ski-rrific and a ski-tastic? I can imagine a bunch of guys around a table in suits trying to get their new inboard boat to production. "Hey Ralph, I heard a new boat is coming to market. They are calling it 'ski--rrific'". "Larry, our boat is going to be better than terrific. It's going to be fantastic!" "What should we call it?"

• Baller
Lots of Dixie boats (of all versions) still on Lake Gaston in NC and there are a couple DD's near me on Smith Mountain Lake, one was for sale locally; a bowrider (similar to a 205) with some innovative interior designs. Pretty sure wooden stringers, etc. There is a Dixie owners forum somewhere on the interwebs....

• Baller
@Booze my brother’s father in law had one years ago. Not a bad little open bow ski boat for the time. Were not many open bow direct drive inboards around then.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

Just acquired a 1985 dixie super skier 299 with direct drive. I'm in florida so boats are required to have a title, but this boat does NOT have one. Boat has 351 windsor engine with no spark. Long shot, but if anyone is interested in buying for cheap, let me know. Located in Tampa Florida.

727-420-9414

. lxgh9pla8uq9.jpg

i4pk5qzv7w2k.jpg

6ea85x0to1p2.jpg