Fantasy Waterski is back for 2020! Drafts are open for MOOMBA MASTERS! Sign up for TEXT Alerts!

JeffSurdej

• Baller

Things kick off with Momba Masters starting on March 6th, 2020. Drafts are open now. You will be selecting 3 MS, 2 MT, 2 MJ, 2 WS, 2 WT, and 1 WJ.

MS, MT, MJ

Round 1-all skiers

Round 2-top 12 (slalom top 14)

Finals-top 8

WS, WT, WJ

Round 1-all skiers

Round 2-top 8 (jump top 7)

Finals-top 6

Men's slalom and jump will have a night event as well and women are eligible for men's night jump

Whats new in 2020?

-You can now sign up for text alerts for news, draft alerts, and even get alerts each time your team skiers score points. Go to your account to add phone # and select settings

-We are now scoring slalom with buoys counts starting at 28 off and each buoy is now worth 8 FWS points

-You can now save your team during drafting without your team being full, but only full teams will be entered, this will allow you to start your draft and come back later to finish

-All skier salary values have been updated to latest IWSF rankings

http://www.fantasy.ski/Account/Login

wngcb01fm7lz.png

cgm0iszv7fo7.png

• Administrators

From the Moomba Masters Rules ( https://www.moombamasters.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/moombamasters-rules-V2.pdf )

MM 2.02.1: Rounds in the Moomba Masters

Jump, Slalom, and Tricks events shall consist of three rounds: One elimination round, Semi

Final round and a Final round.

Additional Semi-Final rounds may be added or deleted at the Chief Judge / Moomba Masters

Committee Discretion.

.All skiers invited to ski in an event must ski in the elimination round of that event.

The first (14) men and the first (8) women Slalom , (12) Men and (8) Women Tricks and

(12) Men and (7) Women Jump based on their scores in the preliminary rounds, shall be

qualified to ski in the semi final slalom, jump and tricks events. Then the first (8) men and the

first (6) woman shall ski in the final.

• Administrators

Soooo @JeffSurdej

that means that if I pick the top 6 women and the top 8 men in each event I will at least get the maximum number of scores. Maybe not the highest scores but all highest possible number of scores.

hwxix5b27bmg.png

There are a few gambles on my team.

We all want Jacinta for woman's jump but if Paige makes it to the finals and jumps at least 100 feet I only lose 100 pts per round but save 28K. That is the question. Is losing 300 pts worth $28k for the other skiers? (I am sure Paige will jump more than 100ft )

I also took Garrett Reese. He won the America's Cup three years ago so he has seen the big time. Can he make the men's slalom final IDK but he was cheap and I needed $ for the rest of my team.

Elizabeth Montavon is also a dark horse butt have you seen her Instagram account?

• Baller

@Horton interesting, the # 1 strategy is to pick skiers who get into each round, of course now that we have made slalom worth a lot more per buoys and are awarding podium points that theory might be changed a little, but I still think you are better off having the most skiers in semi finals and finals. For example 2 guys running 35 off only in finals beats having fred winter running 41 and no second skiers score.

Now moomba, remember MS and MJ have a night round so save your budget for those 2 events in my mind. And remember jacinta is skiing the mens night jump so she might be worth being the only WJ you draft

• Administrators
@JeffSurdej Darn it I didn't read your instructions carefully enough. let that be a lesson to everybody that the details are out there

• Baller

@Horton dark horse butt?

And yes, I have seen her instagram account. Several times. Today

@JeffSurdej shut up! I was gonna smoke John this weekend. I’m still going to beat him, possibly not so embarrassingly now though.... possibly

• Baller
@Horton i May have worded it wrong but scoring basically starts at 90 buoys for men which should be 32 off. So 91 buoys will now be considered 1 buoy times 8 FWS points. Women I’m starting at 84 buoys which is also 32 off for them.