Drysuit repair options

rodecon

• Baller

Hello Ballers,

So looking forward to Spring skiing (hopefully) soon and I need to get my drysuit whipped into shape.....I tore an ankle seal at the end of last year and had planned to send my suit back to Adrenaline for repair but alas they are no longer in business.......

I have looked into buying a seal replacement kit, is that advisable? Or should I send it in somewhere for a rebuild?

Any thoughts and advise are appreciated

Happy Friday!

• Baller
Go for it. Not hard. I've done all 5 seals on mine. There are a zillion videos on youtube to guide you through it. Key is looking around the house for a form that the ankle or wrist will fit around tightly. For wrist, I found the perfect size pickle jar. For ankle, a plastic thermos bottle. (for neck, the toughest one, a big clay flower pot).

• Baller_

@rodecon What kind of suit? Baggy nylons are easy; I change our group of four wrists/ankles all the time but hate doing necks! Get my replacement seals at Wileys and I use Seam Grip adhesive - you can buy a big tube and store in the freezer forever. Zippers - probably time for a new suit. If you want to talk PM me will be glad to give you a call.

Red

• Baller
Yep I did all 5 of my seals as well on my baggy suit. Took some time, but not too hard. Agreed that finding the right size inserts is the key. I Think I used canned goods for wrists, pickle jar for feet, and a kid’s rubber ball I think for the neck. That was the toughest one, but no leaks. Haven’t done a zipper. Good luck.

• Baller
@rodecon I can attest to @Rednucleus ability to repair seals on dry suits. He has done mine and the other 2 guys in the Wednesday night crew. Very handy having a ski partner who can repair dry suits! If you don’t want to tackle the job yourself Wiley’s will do all 5 seals for around $160

• Baller
Hmmm, @Garn , that's funny as they did not have a web presence last Fall and when I called there was an answering machine saying they had closed. I wonder if Wileys bought them out as I see Wileys has a "house" brand drysuit that looks like the adrenaline..........