What Octane fuel do you put in your boat?

Horton

• Baller_

If I’m at a gas station without recreational fuel (no ethanol), I use 89 octane, which is what is listed in the manual. But, I really try to get the rec gas, which is usually 91 octane. I think I was able to run all rec gas last year. There is a station that sells it about 5 miles from my house.

Side note: I only use rec gas in my mower, generator, and all other small engine equipment. The ethanol is terrible for those engines.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@MISkier i do the same in all my yard toys. I think the car and boat engines are all equipped to handle the E blended gas better. Although it makes perfect sense to do so. I just start running additive for winter as we get close to the end of the season so I know it’s through the system.

• Baller
6.2 D.I. engines run fine on 87 with no damage, but retard timing advance resulting in lower power output. It takes a bit of running on 93 or a battery disconnect to go back to normal. I always run 93. Wish I could get alcohol free gas, but if isn't available in my area.

• Baller

The 6.2 and 5.3 DI motors call for premium, I believe they run something like 11:1 compression which is the same compression as the S62 in my M5. So my 200 with the 5.3DI gets premium.

In my GT40 I'd run 87 all day but up by the lake the only carry ethanol-free in premium so it gets premium too.