Wiley CBO or High Wrap

Sivota

• Baller
A gentle recreation skier 100-110 pounds skis at around 23-24 MPH rounding a few buoys on the way. Personal choice is a wrap style rubber binding. CBO or high wrap? Any comments welcome, thank you.

• Baller
@Sivota I buy the CBO front binding for my 10 year old. I've talked to Wiley's several times in the past. They said the CBO uses a softer rubber than the high wrap and is more for "recreational" skiers who desire a little more comfort and probably a little easier release. Just depends what you're looking for. I've been getting the CBO for my son since he was 7 and he likes them. Simple... no laces.... no tension adjust... no maintenance.

• Baller

I like the CBO alot - many years ago I installed some pairs of them on our combo skis for guests - No more dorking around with laces/sliders/velcro getting guests in just soap and go.

But I will say for me a Large Wileys feels good when new but then gets sloppy and my foot likes to slide forwards and I have to take my ski off after each pass in a medium to let my toes stretch out. I am a firm believer in bindings with a liner for the comfort and lack of need to use soap.

Just got a CBO for my 8 yr son as recommended by these guy. Its perfect! and I'd say is the go for a recreational skier that uses the course occasionally. You can order the slalom wraps down the track if you progress and need more support!

• Baller
@luzz @blagrata @BraceMaker @skibrain @Greg Lukin thank you all very much. I think the decision may be to go for the CBO because of the modest speed and desire to release. All really helpful input which is much appreciated.