Bad A$$ Refurbished Boats

LoopSki

• Baller
@GaryJanzig probably. I LOVE my 20 year old Malibu. I think it still looks better than anything new to come out from the big three, still has plenty good wakes, a decent amount of storage for a three-man rotation, and it's not all that hard to work on. Plus it's from the era where boats didn't have to turn 3800 RPM to go 34 MPH due to all the hull drag. If ever comes an upgrade time, I'll give a long, hard think to a repower to get TBW and ZO vs buying up into a newer model.

• Baller

@UWSkier I would drop a new engine in mine verses going 15 years in debt for a new one. My boat turns around 3100 RPM to go 34, and 3300 for 36 MPH. My next upgrade on my boat is to convert my analog speedometer to GPS. There is a kit where you can convert your boat's original speedometer to run on GPS, but look like the original Airguide speedometers. http://www.nauticlaugic.com/airglide.html I still use it for manual driving if I am pulling barefooters. Just upgraded my Perfect Pass Stargazer to v9.2 and zbox. Still trying to get it tuned. I got the 2-3 ball surge taken care of, now just trying to tighten up the split times.

• Baller
I think I have mine dialed in. I set ball 1 to 45 , ball 3 to 25 and ball 4 to exit @ 35. At 34.2 mph my full course times were between 16.96 and 17.00. Most of the split times were +- .01 with one or two of them at -+ .02 or .03. I tested it first with the zbox off. The full felt pretty solid, but no surging that I could tell. Set it to B2 and the pull felt a bit softer. Ran a bunch of 22’s and 28’s at 34.2. I have the keep set to +. I have mine set to use the crew weight. Had slight windy conditions, but perfect water. Does the SG setting feel firmer than B2 for anyone else?