How fast skiing after lasik

ToddF

• Baller
I am one week into an 8 week rest after abdominal laparoscopic surgery. Drs orders. 2 weeks before cardio, 4 weeks squash but no game play. 8 weeks skiing. Not relevant to the eyes but thought It was worth sharing.

• Baller
You can resume some water activities after just one week of your Lasik eye surgery, and within a month, all water restrictions will have been lifted. After One Week: You can go swimming a chlorinated pool. Be sure to wear goggles. I would wait the 1 to 2 weeks and then go with goggles on to protect eyes from spray....

• Baller

I had the surgery 15 years ago (disclaimer) but I remember having the surgery in the winter then laying off skiing for at least 3 months. The main danger was not allowing the cornea to properly heal and the edges to reattach themselves before the possibility of a crash and the edges separating. But since the surgery I've had numerous eye peeling crashes with no side effects.

Outside of marrying my wife or having kids having Lasik was one of the best life decisions I've ever made.

• Baller
@ToddF Welcome to the club. Best money you'll ever spend on yourself! I had LASIK done on both eyes in 1998 and I still see better than 20/20. I recall similar restrictions to what @UCFskier mentioned.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

I had one eye done and it went great. Had the other done two weeks later and the river was glass the very next day. I figured just take it easy and I won’t fall so no risk. Cut out wide and stopped to enjoy my new vision, I’d never seen anything like that clarity. Unbelievable. Every stick and detail on the trees hundreds of metres away. I just stood there gliding and looking for a few seconds. My early Connelly F1 was a mistress that would not be ignored and simply threw me off. I had a massive eye peeling crash. I don’t think I’ve ever done that before or since. Anyway I was sitting in the water with pretty strong pain in my newly operated LASIK eye. And yes I’d had the version where they cut a flap in the front of your eye. I was holding my eye when the boat came back hurting like I’d been punched and peeled. I took my hand away, forced my eye open and asked if the front of my eye was still there. It was. I’m fine. 20 something years later I still have perfect vision, way better clarity than I ever had with glasses.

I don’t recommend what I did but no way would I be waiting 3 months!

• Baller

That flap will stay open for a long time when I had mine done 20 years ago I had to get it

touched up 9 months later (they warned me I would probaly need a enhancement since my eyes were so bad to begin with) they did not even have to re cut the flap they just lifted it up and re did it about 38 seconds the first time only about 8 for the enhancement. I always wore googles for about the first year afterwards.

• Baller
Since it was winter it was easy for me to wait to ski. Take your doctors advice for sure. I WILL say that most doctors are going to scare the crap out of you to be careful - that's their job. I had both eyes done at the same time and I still remember signing the paperwork stating that one of the possible outcomes of Lasik was complete blindness. Very scary - but they have to say it.