Malibu LXI - Lift cradle bunk spacing

shufflehuff

• Supporting Member

Hello everyone. I need some feedback on bunk spacing on a lift cradle for a Malibu LXI. From the threads I have read, they suggest copying the trailer bunks. I have two sets of trailer bunks. I am trying to decide which set of bunks to copy. The narrow or wide bunks? Attached is a pictures that shows the bunk setup on my trailer. Here are a few dimensions. How would y'all suggest that I setup this lift cradle?

Inner pair of bunks (Outside of bunk to outside of bunk) = 34" wide

Outer pair of bunks (Outside of bunk to outside of bunk) = Missing measurement. Will take again if needed.

Thanks for the input.

Sam

IMG-0693

• Baller

I had the lift bunks for my Response set up like the outer bunks in your picture.

More stable and self-centering when putting the boat on the lift.

Here’s a pic, sorry, can’t take measurements, because the lift is now set up to accommodate a 200.

mcx48gyupzcu.jpeg

• Baller
Like the outer bunks on your trailer is all you need. You can then open and close the spacing at the front a little to level the boat, or pitch it a little rearward. Mine are 10 feet long. This worked for my 2007 Lxi and now for my 2016 Txi.

• Baller

Mine's not a Malibu, but I took a look at where the engine mounts go. That's where the majority of concentrated high pressure is and that's where it's most important to support the hull. On my boat it's about 40" of spacing.