Club slalom course rules

tobyg83

Does anyone have their clubs rules they would be happy to share with me? I'm setting up a slalom course on a public lake for our local club, and wondering what rules or rosters work well... eg members only, 6 passes per skier, etc etc.

• Baller

Here are the rules for our course. I am thinking of adding that only AWSA approved towboats are permitted in the course. I hope this is helpful to you:

NLSC Slalom Course Rules

1. The slalom course is owned and operated by the Newton Lake Ski Club.

2. Boat rotation must be used at all times when skiing the slalom course.

a. Each boat owner must be a current member in good standing of The Newton Lake

Association and USA Waterski.

3. A skier wanting to use the slalom course must be a current member of USA Waterski and have a

signed PARTICIPANT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY form on file with the Newton Lake Ski

Club.

4. All skiers and boat drivers must follow Newton Lake Association rules regarding boat driving and

waterskiing, i.e. there must be an observer in the boat.

5. A skier is allowed one set at a time and then may ski another set after all other present club

members have skied.

6. One turn on the slalom course is equal to 6 passes or 3 falls whichever comes first or such other

number to which all skiers affected may agree.

a. One pass is one ride through the course in one direction. If the skier falls in the course,

start the skier in the same direction to complete the pass.

7. Only one boat is allowed on the course at any time. It is requested that any boat waiting for

their turn operate in a wakeless manner so as to not interfere with the safety of those on the

course. If another boat enters the course, the first boat on the course must stop until the

hazard clears is no longer present. If possible, approach the boat at fault and explain the correct

use of the course.

8. When there is more than one boat wanting to use the course, a boat by boat rotation applies

unless otherwise agreed by all parties.

9. Please be ready and waiting on the back of your boat if you are ready to ski.

10. The slalom course is here to promote and encourage slalom skiing. All skiers using the slalom

course must be riding on a slalom ski (beginners can use 2 skis).

11. All other types of skiing in the slalom course is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to

wakeboarding, kneeboarding, barefooting, skiboarding, air chair, tubing, etc.

Skiing & Driving the Slalom Course

1. The boat must stay between the boat guides when pulling a skier. If you are unable to maintain

a straight path through the course or this is your first attempt at driving the course, please ask

for assistance. The slalom course can be easily damaged, creating a safety hazard for your skier

as well as other riders in your boat. Skiing on an incomplete or damaged course may result in

serious injury to your skiers or severe damage to your boat.

2. Any boat using the slalom course shall operate as follows:

a. Entry to the slalom course on the first pass of a turn shall always be from the end of the

course designated by the Newton Lake Ski Club representative operating the course on

that day. Initial entry from the opposite end is prohibited.

b. Any boat using the slalom course shall traverse the course center line on reciprocal

return pathways.

3. If a skier falls while in the course, immediately decelerate and wait for the boat to stop, then

turn around slowly after the rope has cleared the buoys and idle wakeless back to your skier.

4. Always practice safe boating and coordinate all hand signals with your skier prior to beginning

your set.

5. If the course is damaged in any way all skiing in the course must stop until the course is

repaired.

6. Your cooperation with these rules will insure that everyone can safely enjoy the challenge of

skiing the slalom course

• Baller
Pretty simple rules at Okeeheelee. Order is by boat rotation. 6 passes or 15 minutes in a lake, whichever comes first (you can fall every pass). Club membership is not required (I guess some can't afford the $25.00/year).

• Baller

We are on a public lake and we don’t really have any published rules. I don’t believe that we can prevent anyone from using the courses. We do talk to people using it, get to know them. There is no requirement for anyone to pay but we do try to raise enough money to cover costs.

Regarding turns we generally don’t have issues. People are good about rotating in and not taking too much time when there are people waiting.

I think the biggest thing is being friendly and welcoming. It might not hurt to have some rules to share with people. Our course is out in the middle of the lake so you need to be out in a boat so it makes things a bit more difficult.

• Baller

@Eljaybee I like rule #3 no power turns

Why is that one so hard to figure out.

And don’t do 20 mph back to me when I fall and send rollers every where.

I don’t mind waiting the extra 2 seconds so the water stays calm

I love it when the jet skiers use the course and blow the balls out.

Good times on a public lake