Looking for a used kid's size trick binding

jercrane

• Baller

My daughter tried trick skiing for the first time the other day and was into it. Got up on her first try on single ski which I thought was pretty awesome. I found a used board for her but can't find bindings in her size anywhere. I was hoping to get her a used hardshell as I understand it makes learning a lot easier. I really don't want to drop $500+ for a new binding though.

I poked around on Ski it again and couldn't find anything small enough.

Anyone got a size 4 left foot Reflex in any functional condition they want to sell me? Even if the liner is shot and needs replacing. I'm fine buying a new liner if I can get my hands on working shell, plate and release.

• Baller
You are looking for a Unicorn. The beauty of the Reflex is that you can just buy larger boots and adjust the plate. I bit the bullet when my son was 8 and actually bought two plates and one boot. I put a plate on his slalom and one on his trick. He is 21 now and I have had to update some components and buy a couple of boots but he is still using much of the same basic equipment. You rarely see used Reflex set ups.

• Baller

@jercrane at the recent RC tournament at Lymanland a large number of junior skiers were using the MOB release. Easier to find the best fitting boot for growing feet. And safer for learning side slides and surface turns since it will release sideways. It takes away a lot of those sudden slap down falls! Plus it is real easy to share a ski since you can use multiple size boots with the same release setup.

If you want something used contact me. I have several systems previously used by team members that I would love to get juniors on. Plus you can find used hardshell boots(in-line skates) at thrift stores or used sporting goods stores that will work on the MOB release. My kids grew up using used skate boots and this type release. My daughter tricks near 4000 points.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller

sigh :(

I wish it was easier/less expensive to get kids into this sport

Hard to let them try stuff. If I knew this was going to be something she was really into I'd happily drop the money. Too high a probability she does it twice and then it sits in the shed.

• Baller

Plenty kids progress well in Wiley, D3 rubber bindings.

In my observation It is more difficult for children to get Relex to lock in and often requires parents help. Rubber doesn’t have the same issues.

Watching ex pros children they used reflex on trick skis and the same bindings on the slalom ski. So only one boot for two skis.

• Baller

My 5yo grandson in his MOB release and his $5 used skate boot. You can find suitable skate boots at the thrift store if you are on a budget.

ei604uf355lf.jpeg

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller