We moved our ski course...

o2bnMaine

• Baller

...it now lines up with our dock!

We put the course in a couple of years ago, but didn't try to get it aligned with respect to our dock. While the water is low, we needed to tighten up the anchors, so I pivoted it enough to line up with our dock. I love being able to see straight down the course while sitting on our dock.

I guess it is the little things in life that can make my day. Of course, you have to zoom in to see the course in the picture, but it is pretty easy to spot sitting on the dock.

Clearly I'm posting this just for fun, but if someone is going to buy a slalom course, you can usually opt to include the pre-gates on their own, separate, anchor system. This helps keep the main section of the course shorter, which will help to keep the course straighter in light winds. But you'll have to spend much more time trying to keep the pre-gates aligned. We started down this path of tightening the course up this winter. It took no time at all to tighten the course. It took 5 times as long to get the pre-gates lined up again.

wq9qrmkdn4pg.png

• Baller

Nice!

On a sidenote, i showed your wife's (sister?) ski video to 3 beginners to show them how to run the course staying tall and not muscle your way through.

How fast is she skiing in the video she submitted to Joel?

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

@skierjp Yes, we do have to deal with boats. We have our course on Lake Howard and another on Lake Jessie to use. There are days we don't ski, but I'm surprised how many days we do get on the water. Typically, we ski soon after sunrise.

Spirit Lake has quite a few courses on it, yes?