Weird accident

oldjeep

• Baller
I'd expect it's more like the patrol boat driver wasn't paying attention or purposely getting in the way , if you're skiing at 6.40am then you're there 'cause you want the flat water - I noted they did point out it was "legal" to ski at sunrise

• Baller
I was once wakeboarding on a large lake, when a Donzi came up from behind, and ended up about 15ft to the side of me, just as I was about to let them know my thoughts I saw the DNR badge on the side of the boat. No lights, no sirens, just flew up behind us at a much faster speed. This was all for a "courtesy" check. Had I not known they were there, I could have easily cut out in front of them. Hope the skier is okay, and that the alternative Sheriff's office thoroughly investigate the officer's actions.

• Baller

My guess would be that the patrol boat was either stationary or at idle near the islands on that big lake and the skier/driver were probably headed into the sunrise - 30 minutes after sunrise is usually a very heavy glare time to be boating straight into the sun.

For us few of the sheriffs actually go around at any appreciable speed other than if they're called to go somewhere.