2020 Malibu Open - LIVE Coverage

Horton

• Baller

I think TWBC has outdone themselves with this one. Other than a couple mic gain settings that could have used some tweaking early, this is the best production I've seen on a webcast. Love all the different camera angles, especially the approach and flyaway jump-mounted cameras.

Seth and Ben on the mic during slalom prelims was awesome. Seth is a natural at the mic.

• Baller

Sucks that I'm not there but excellent production on the webcast. TWBC has really raised their game, multiple cameras everywhere and the whole time I watched no glitches at all!

Was kind of cool to be in my shop putting the finishing touches on Horton's skis while watching the skiers compete for the ones I just shipped out. I still would much rather be there!

• Baller_

@Ed_Johnson yes I noticed. Thought it was a ski sock on it when it was sitting on the dock. Almost a contoured look to the top of the ski. He’ll probably be on a diff ski tomorrow. Guy can ski on anything.

@UWSkier agree and Ben had fantastic insite. Even his voice sounded like ESPN. Gotta kick out of the two of them ribbing each other about age.

Ben; “was skiing when you were in diapers”

Seth not missing a beat; “ I’ll be skiing when your put in a home” ?

• Baller_

@UWSkier Corey has a scheduling conflict that disappeared last minute. He hoped to get in but couldn’t.

@Ed_Johnson Its an experiment. Don’t count on seeing it in production, but don’t rule it out either. Adam2ed try a lot of funky stuff. Some turn out to be genius, some hit the scrap pile. You never know until you try it.

Lpskier

• Baller

Wade loves the interviews 2 seconds before the guy's ski. Is there a way that the interviews could take place when guys are farther out from skiing then again after they are done?

Also, yesterday when he asked T-GAS a very serious and personal question about Dave Goode it seemed like that could have potentially thrown T-GAS off before competing.

Wade is a legend and I love the quality of the webcast but this is just my observation.

Kudos to the water ski broadcasting company for the well-done coverage!

I'm pumped that they are doing the coverage these days and not the golden microphone!

• Baller_
Great web cast. Watched most of it as it’s blowing and raining in Central FL. Ben F was certainly a surprise. Never heard him announce before. Sounded like a seasoned ESPN pro. With that said, imagine him and Freddy K teamed up in the announcer seats. Would be like the glory days of Wayne Grimditch and Dave Benzel On Hot Summer Nights.

• Baller

So I'm not a jumper. Best I could ever really do in college was ride over the ramp basically...

But it seems like that lake is a dangerous place to jump. I don't remember ever seeing so many gnarly jump crashes in a single place as we've seen there the last couple years. Any comments from any of the jumpers here?

And yes, Brooke is extremely lucky.

• Baller
Plenty of spills and thrills. I was really surprised by the cattails that were where the jumpers pull out to the 600' bouy. Regina caught a tip on them and completely ate it. They probably could have trimmed them back. IDK. I've never skied Trophy Lake...overall I really enjoyed the webcast. Big thanks to everyone who made it all happen!