Coolest trick run ever

Horton

• Administrators

@Bruce_Butterfield the best guess I have heard is Alan Kempton but IDK.

I think I have a Ken White run also but there is not ramp front flip in it.

• Baller

Alan Kempton. From USAWS FB page:

Celebrating 75 years of competitive water skiing, one photo at a time... Alan Kempton developed the arm sling for jumping out of necessity becasue of an injured shoulder. He developed and was the first to do a ramp flip in tricks competition out of necessity too. He had some very stiff competition in the Men's tricks division, guys like Ricky McCormick and Al Tyll. His first flip in competition was at a tournament in Mexico in the winter of 1965-66, doing the flip "Texas style" (the boat passing on the left side of the ramp). Read more about Alan's Hall of Fame skiing career (inducted 1998) here: http://www.waterskihalloffame.com

qcec139trrmc.jpg

• Baller
@dchristman Thanks for posting the article on Alan’s career. I skied on the University of Tampa ski team with Alan’s younger brother Robbie, also a fantastic three event skier. Alan skied for Tampa, but graduated before I arrived. Water skiing was a varsity sport at Tampa back then, and the Kemptons attended on skiing scholarships.

• Baller

The other thing I noticed is how much air he gets on all of his wake turns. Wonder if he could have been quicker with less air. Makes it easy on the judges I suppose. No video review in those days!

I suppose I should clarify.....I was not at Nationals in '69. I wasn't born until 5 years later. I was looking for cool waterski patches on ebay and found it. Haven't decided what I'm going to put it on yet.

Here is another I found. Sorry I know this is getting off topic.

fosrmwi33bif.jpg