HO Omega Max vs Syndicate Omni

Littswood

• Baller
Depends on your weight, speed an line length. I'm 205lb, speed 32-34,15-28 off. Was on a Syndicate Omni 69 - perfect for 30-32 mph but too big for 34+, moved to a 68 Syndicate Pro by accident - improved a lot in buy count, loved this ski, best off site ever but needed to much physical effort. Switched to an 68 Omega- yes much less effort at 34mph but still to much effort for 32 an no better buy count at all. Switched now back to Syndicate Omni 67 and size feels perfect for 34 and light enough for my opening pass at 32.

• Baller

Thanks for the heads up @mike_mapple . Good to know they are in production.

In many cases it does not pay for us Canadians to purchase new direct from the USA. I can purchase the ski from an HO dealer here in Canada for the same sticker price but in Canadian dollars with free shipping to my door. Saves me exchange (minimum 30%), border duties and shipping. I just might have to wait a bit till they receive stock.

• Baller
I spoke with the factory and was told the skis will not ship till mid to late June. They had a QC issue with the first run of skis and decided not to send them out. In the mean time I have really dialed my standard Omega in and am enjoying the ski more than ever.

• Baller

Word today is no Omega Max skis till the 2022 model is released.

Did anyone spend some time on the 2020 and willing to report on it?

Not sure if I should wait for the 2022 or move on to something else.