Why water skiing is not on ESPN

Horton

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Very thankful for TWBC. I worry Vince needs more good sponsors to make this work long term. TWBC works very hard because they love it. Standing around any tournament all day is exhausting. I can’t imagine working multi day events like Worlds when it’s so hot, humid and without a very clear path to making this profitable. Nothing but respect for the hard work, quality and commitment to improvement we’ve seen from TWBC.

• Baller
If you ever get the chance to try play a game do so. It will test your core strength more than you ever thought possible. I played a pick up game after not having played for 25+ years and almost could not get out of bed the next day. Way worse than the 1st ski of the year ever!

• Baller

the evolution of curling is crazy.... not the sport but the participants. as kids it was part of out gym curriculum. tournaments (or bonspiels) were crowded with overweight, heavy smoking, and drinking "athletes" and these were some of the best in the world haha

now they train, lift and are in relatively good shape and living clean. dont get me wrong it still curling but interesting to see the change

• Baller
We don't need ESPN anymore. With youtube, and TWBC we have what we need. I will have the webcasts playing while I am doing other stuff around the house during the dead of winter. My friends and family got to watch me ski at my first Nationals last summer. Got to see my Minnesota cousins there too.