Best cold water gloves for skiing?

Dockoelboto

• Baller
Anyone have any recommendations on cold weather gloves that work for skiing? Water was 42 the other day, tolerable but the hands were definitely cold. Any recommendations? I know a shower helps, and it does, I'm just interested if there is anything else I should consider. Thanks!

• Baller

I ski cold water quite a bit and have tried a variety of gloves and liners.and the silicone on the front

The best thing I’ve found is wearing a pair of rubber gloves underneath my ski gloves. A mechanics or medical glove.

I like the mechanics glove with a longer sleeve that goes a little higher up your forearm, the best

Keep them as dry as you can, I keep my hands up in the air every time I drop.

• Baller

@Dockoelboto It was discussed in this thread: https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/comment/384921

and I wrote this:

Tip from Sweden;

Kevlar liner, then long nitrile or vinyl gloves that goes under wetsuit/drysuit, then one size larger than normal amara gloves. The nitrile glove is good both for water and wind proofing. On top of that it helps with a smaller diameter handle than your normal size due to the bulkier hands.

• Baller

@BobF can only confirm that Molnlycke is top class company that makes top class products.

Some 10 years ago I was distributimg some of their product lines. If I were still with them I would imediately request FOC samples for field testing ))))

• Baller
Add a nipple, ball valve, and some tygon tubing to your block drain and fill your cooler with hot water as mentioned. We do some winter water skiing in Minnesota and the boat owner has two lines and we keep a cooler on shore and one in the boat. Really nice to stand in and also soak your hands.