Covid 19 Ballers

LoopSki

• Baller
Any other ballers go thru it? I tested positive. I was so tired and winded that it did cross my mind my ski days were over. Im for the most part over it now, doubt any long lasting effects. So many people ask what it was like , so I will share with you. My experience so not typical I’m sure. Imagine the worst possible hangover that last 10 days and add a shitty cold that last 14 days.

• Baller

Me, my wife and daughter all had it a few weeks ago. Wife seemed to have it first, but had 2 negative tests. Daughter and I both tested positive. Wife had a lot of coughing and some shortness of breath. 22 year old had what would normally be described as a mild cold for a few days mine was the same but lasted a week with one day that was worse than the rest. Pregnant daughter in-law had it a couple of months ago with no real difficulties, baby came out fine too.

• Baller
I am beginning to think I had it last January and February. It was like a cold that would not go away. It would go away and come back. My lungs never felt completely clear. I went to Florida in February and had to come home after two days. I could not hang on to the rope to get up on my trick ski by the end of my second day. When I came out of the water on my slalom ski it felt like every muscle in my body was going to snap like a rubber band. I felt fine when I left for Florida, but noticed I was not 100% when I tried to ski. I had a mild cough, mild shortness of breath. I went through 3 rounds of antibiotics before I felt normal. I got better then the whole thing breaks out. I could have had it, but don't know for sure.

• Baller
Had the unfortunate experience of developing long-haul symptoms from it. Tested positive in July and had very minimal symptoms initially, but weeks after initial infection, had a resurgence of symptoms that have still not completely cleared out. Spent two months in a haze with the worst migraine I can imagine topped with memory loss, chronic fatigue, difficulty breathing, and pretty severe sound/light/motion sensitivity. No permanent heart or lung damage found, but lingering symptoms remain neurologically. One star review on yelp, would not recommend. Stay safe ballers

@GaryJanzig I think I had it in March. Same deal.

Initially, I had two days of the worst headache and fatigue I’ve ever had, along with a unquenchable thirst. At the time, those were not considered symptoms, I didn’t check for a fever, I didn’t have a cough. Then gone. Life continued.

I’ve had recurrent vertigo since with sensitivity to sounds/lights/quick movements. Every couple of weeks I’ll have an episode where out of nowhere, bam, the world goes sideways. It only last seconds but I’m terrified to drive or do anything that would be dangerous if I loose the ability to see straight or stand. I’ve had ct scans, an mri, all kinds of blood work, hearing tests, eye tests, and soon an allergy test. Everything comes back 100%. Someone brought up the long hauler symptoms so I asked the doctor if it could be related to Covid and I was told possibly, but they have no way of telling if I ever had it.

• Baller
I’m pretty sure I got it in early February at Keystone in Colorado. I worked there part time 2 days/week and we had a super spreader come through the resort who had just come back from Italy. Everyone he came in proximity to came down with it. My symptoms were flu like for 2-3 days then I was normal. Now my county is surging likely because people aren’t taking it seriously. Most fold are but 25% not wearing masks so I simply avoid crowded places. Exercise daily in fresh air and hit the gym twice a week when it’s sparsely populated.

• Baller

@litljenarey - I guess I'd say it depends on what the goal of testing is. What they've told you follows the CDC guidance for how to use antibody testing to make decisions about working and PPE (don't use it) Around me too many people are trying to get antibody tests so that they can act as if they're immune to Covid, which is not the current guidance for antibody testing. For instance if an employee of mine has a positive antibody test they don't' get to walk around without a mask in the office.

But I'm surprised they wouldn't atleast want to know a result to a good IgG/IgM assay. I would want to know that wouldn't make me skip an MRI or CT to rule out something more serious but before I went for Allergy/Sensitivity testing I'd at least try it.

• Baller

I tested positive back in March, also a positive antibody test a few months later and donated plasma a few times which also showed anti bodies.

For me it felt like the flu or a really bad cold for about 4 days. Couldn't kick the cough for about 3 weeks afterwords.

• Baller

I picked it up in July (we suspect in Jackson, Wyoming) and had pretty much every symptom with the exception of lung issues, never had any problems breathing. I was down for two weeks, the first week I do not even remember. One of the worst symptoms I had was a full front and back upper body rash; itched like he!!. From what I've read that only occurs in about 8% of those who have the virus. Lucky me.

Since then I've been experiencing various lingering issues. This is some bizarre stuff.

My son (18 years old) also tested positive at the same time but had zero symptoms. :)