Slalom binding that doesn't require soap? (not hard shell)

H2OkieNC

• Baller
Radar Vapor requires no soap. I’ve been using them since 2012 and absolutely love them. I always wait for a closeout deal on a year or two old yet still unused binding....usually less than half price. Moved my way up to a 2018 for next year.

• Baller
You can also use the thin dress sock trick. I recommend using this definitely when trying them on at the pro shop. I don’t use any of these methods but I will try putting them on dry next time. Also, always have the liner in the boot before putting your foot in.

• Baller
D3 tFactors are amazing. dual front laces are EZ in and out. I still use lube (Babes) for super easy in as my size is right on the line of med vs large and I went with med. Tfactors are best rubber bindings out there IMO. Also these things last. Mine are at least 4 years old and are like new .

• Baller

My hymn to soap :)

I like soap, even with laced bindings. My current front - T-Factor, rear - Vector.

I generously pour soap into both :smile:

Why not to use it - soap make things easier & cleaner.

I have so much stuff in my ski bag so small bottle of soap does not change anything.

Soap is the easiest thing to get - if i forgot it, I can easily steal it from my kitchen!

• Baller

Radar Vector here

Soap or slime was never really effective on that material ..

however ..

I fashioned a flexible, polyethylene shoehorn, out of a 1/2 gal milk jug, with a utility knife, softened the cut edges with sandpaper.

the jug handle makes a convenient finger loop, the side of the jug is already molded perfectly. round the corners

a sprits of very dilute soap or slime on the material and then foot slides in slick with no stress to binding, no pulling, tugging, nor cursing.

• Baller
Related- Babes Boot Butter is made from kelp. Bio friendly and cant hurt your binding. I don’t like soap as it doesn’t dissipate fast enough once wet, and my foot is slippery moving in the binding . Babes is more slippery than soap, very inexpensive , and dissipates immediately . I won’t use anything else.