2021 TXI M5di

matthew

Howdy, I am in the market for either a new tow boat from a local manufacturer (malibu) or import another Nautique 196 / 200 (nil available on local market secondhand). Attempted to order a new TXI Australian model back in 2018 however I talked myself out of it after the reading problems with engines overheating/derating with high OAT, plus my dislike of the open bow only option here in AUS. Due to my inadequate income this year, I don't have $140K cash for a Mastercraft or Nautique new so the Local Malibu TXI is my only affordable new option if I can get one under $100K.

When I run the numbers on importing another 196 they are costing me around $45K AUD with me taking all the risk on a 12-15year old ship.

Is the new M5di in the TXI working out - are these involuntary engine derates with high temps now resolved on the latest TXI's ? any feedback

Yeah I looked into that, My 330 is great and they want almost $8-9K AUD to do the mefi and ZO swap, well on current exchange rates thats what it works out to looking at my previous enquiries over the last few years.

With the COvid tax on anything outdoors related here I will just leave the 196 as its on the East coast in a shed, and buy a new boat with the 5 year warranty + I am after closed loop cooling and i think the 5.3L monsoon M5Di are now aluminium? I will be using it on salty water rivers that Id rather not put the 196 in, its a lake princess.

My priorities are probably wrong I drive a 25yo XJ jeep and would rather a tournament boat over a $100K Landcruiser.

• Baller

I have driven the 2021 Txi with the 6.2 engine. It is absolutely a horse. It has incredible power out of the hole. You need little more than thumb pressure on the throttle to get skiers up. Whatever issues they may have had with some of the early years with their own engines are resolved. This boat rocks. Excellent, easy tracking, great power, and the ski wake is the smallest and softest of any previous Malibu ski boats, even my 2016 which was considered a very good model year. And, with so many other awesome features like ski racks, ample room, noise suppression, Zero Off integration into an LCD touch screen, ample storage, easy step over transom and more - you will love this boat.

The Txi that I drove also has the SurePath system on it. Although it shows my driving can clearly improve, it validated how easy this boat is to keep well within tolerances through the course.