Vintage (70s) O'Brien slalom wood inlay, fiberglass bottom 66" $175 (pickup preferred, or +shipping)

LibbyFL

• Baller

Looking to sell a good condition vintage O'brien slalom for my dad who can't ski anymore, don't hesitate to tell me to buzz off if this isn't how "things are done" here, I know I'm barging into a group that isn't my own...trying to be polite. :) He would rather it go to someone who will use it rather than end up at a bummer yard sale.

Wood inlay, good condition, cared for - some light corrosion on binding metal (original). Red fiberglass concave bottom, original carry case. Local pickup preferred but can ship.

• Baller
@LibbyFL very cool ski. My father had one very similar but it was 70”. My mother sold it in a garage sale over 10 years ago and I’ve been looking for the same ski ever since. Unfortunately a 66” is to small for me. I do commend you on bringing it to this forum. Hopefully it finds a good home. Old skis are fun to break out on occasion, just to remind you of how much things have progressed.

• Baller
I’ve never seen one of these with fiberglass on the bottom. ?? These were all wood . I still have mine in the garage ( circa 1972) . My sister and brother in law both still have theirs- about the same vintage. They’re gorgeous wood on the bottom too, that was half the cool. Are you sure someone didn’t paint the bottom? How can you have wood on top and fiberglass lower half? I love those old O’Brien’s, Maha’s, Connelly’s , Western Wood, - they’re beautiful. Not sure that one is how it left the factory though. @LibbyFL / you should put it on the wall so your dad can still enjoy it.

• Baller
@MDB1056 definitely not modded, as @thager commented. My dad has the skills now to do something like that, but this ski has looked like this since I was a tiny kid, and I'm 40*cough* years old. We also have a pair of Western Wood trick skis that are wood all the way through and also need a new home - I'll upload a pic. @MDB1056 Dad is moving out of the country and is trying to find a good home for his treasures (and make a buck or two while he's at it) :D