Help please 2012-2015 ski Nautique dimensions on trailer

LK_skier

• Baller
Hi all - I'm trying to get some quotes on shipping a 200 to Australia. Does anyone have a 200 sitting on a trailer that can tell me the exact overall length, width and height please? and has anyone got a clue on the weight of a trailer? The boat itself I am allowing 1300kg. Thanks in advance!

• Baller
I have a 2015 200 sitting on a trailer. I can measure it tomorrow. I presume you want measurements including the trailer. If so, I suppose the measurements could vary depending on the brand and type of trailer. I have a Ramlin trailer with a folding tongue. I will fold it for the measurements. The tires are 15 inch I believe, but I'll check tomorrow. Tire size would affect height. The trailer weight on its registration (license plate registration) is listed at 1040 lbs. I don't know how accurate that is, but it is all I have to go by. My guess is that it is close. My trailer looks similar but not identical to DavidN's above. I presume you will remove the platform and secure it inside the boat so the platform will not be included in my measurements.

• Baller

@dbutcher - thanks so much - could you measure with the trailer folded and not folded please? and the same with the platform on and off. That would be very helpful - and your very correct with the variances with tires and type of trailer - I think the one I'm looking at comes with a Ramlin as well.

@DavidN - thanks so much - another measurement will always help - I'll add in some to the quote to allow for minor differences.

Appreciate it.

Now anyone have a Carbon Pro that can be measured? I'm tossing up between the two now... decisions decisions... The CP is a lot cheaper and hear the wake is as good as the 200 at all lines...

• Baller

So, I took some measurements.

Width: 258cm

(The trailer tires are the widest point here)

Height: 186cm

(If you lower the winch all the way you might get it down to 175cm, didn’t try it because the boat is still hooked up to my truck.)

Length overall: 752cm

Length with trailer tongue folded: ~700cm

(But assuming you ship via RORO they probably won’t go through the hassle of folding down your tongue.)

Removing the platform will save you maybe 50cm IF your trailer is flush with the back of the boat.

In my case it won’t do much:

xp8l3bnggg3m.jpeg

Hope that helps.

*edit*

This should give you an idea about trailer weight:

u39rf5mmq3w7.jpeg

• Baller

Haha, actually Metric is more accurate and way easier than you might expect. :)

I could explain the whole thing with a sharpie on a beer coaster.

And as the OP is from Australia I figured metric measurements would be appropriate.

• Baller

I guess it all comes down to what one is used to.

I grew up in the old world. Having a hard time adjusting to the Imperial system, still use my metric tape measure a lot when I build stuff.

Things like 5/32 of an inch sure sounds more complicated to me than 4 Millimeters.

• Baller

I just finished measuring my 2015 200 and 2015 Ram-Lin trailer. My measurements are similar to but a little different from DavidN's assuming my conversions of his metric measurements are correct.

Length: 25' 3 1/2 " with platform and normal tongue position. Without platform: 23' 8 1/4". Without platform and with tongue folded: 21' 1 1/2". That is the shortest possible length. It should be noted that with the platform removed the longest part of the boat/trailer combination is the Hydrogate (the slide) on the back of the boat. The exhaust flap is within 1/4", but the Hydrogate sticks out the furthest.

Width: tire outside to tire outside 8' 6 1/2". The guide poles on the trailer make the unit 10" wider so maximum width is 9' 4 1/2". If guide poles were removed, it would be the tire to tire measurement that matters.

Height: 6' 1/2" to the top of the mirror bracket on the windshield. Removing the mirror and bracket would lower the height a couple inches. Lowering the trailer tongue could lower it another inch or two. My trailer tires are 225/75 by 15".

Because I performed these measurements without assistance, there is very small chance they could be off a little bit. But I don't think so.

• Baller

Yes width over here in Australia is max 2.5m. The above two are 2.6m and 2.58m. Will need to figure out how to modify to meet the regulations here. Perhaps a new shorter axle and possibly cut or notch out the guards. Then there’s lights and the hitch/brakes.

What brakes do Ramlin normally run back in 2014/15? I’d say electric hydraulic?

• Baller

Width problem could probably be solved by mounting narrower tires on rims with less offset.

On my trailer the tires stick out of the fenders about 4cm on each side.

Inside the fenders there’s enough clearance to go narrower.

• Baller
@LK_skier Electric over hydraulic is not a big thing here in the US. Seems to be more common in places with a lot of under sized tow vehicles. In general boat trailers in the US are hydraulic and most larger non boat trailers (car trailers and bigger) are straight electric.