Looking for off-season balance training ? maybe improve 7,8,9,10 division performance

swbca

• Baller_

@Gloersen uses a SlackBlock made by SlackBow and he recommended it to me. The product video suggests reaching a point where you can balance on the device for 2 minute intervals on each foot. With practice, your motor system takes over and you can do it. "Muscle Memory" is actually "Motor-System" memory where the muscle movements to stay balanced are no longer driven by the brain - the nervous system in your legs takes over - your balance, leg strength and reflexes are developed.

@Gloersen and I found we both had the idea of converting it into a 2-foot balance tool in slalom skiing position, though he did it with a different design.

m1uwcj78uqn7.png

With this modification, the front and back have independent compression, so you can also move tip down, like in your pre-turn and then neutral or back all while balancing. Instead of 2 minutes on 1 foot, you can do 5 or 10 minutes on 2 feet . . . . after weeks of practice.

I am in M9 and now. . . when my wife challenges me to a some yoga position contest balancing on 1 foot on the kitchen floor, we stop because of boredom, not because I can't balance.

replace the original Velcro sticky tape for the longer platform

heat the original velcro tape before removing it from the foam to prevent damage to foam

varnish or epoxy coat the wood so Velcro sticky tape will adhere

Yes at $70 its an expensive piece of engineered rubber foam